Friday, April 29, 2011

We now have a new camera. And he says, 'you guys have to use your own money to buy another one in the future!' To speak the truth, I sometimes don't get how adults manage their finances just like how I don't get mine. A canon 60D just popped out of nowhere last night, while I was suggesting to my dad about canon being a better choice and that we should consider the 600D. Of course I'm excited.

-

So, I stepped into a restaurant last night, unfortunately broke for the day. There were 40 minutes left till the start of japanese class so I wanted a conducive environment to do my work in. In search of something within my budget, I flipped to the page with the steamed rice and a pot of chinese tea which amounted to 2 dollars in total.

Without a care of how embarrassing that was, (actually I did, I apologized to them many times) I ordered those, waited for dinner and took my homework out. I just needed food to fill my stomach. At some point in time a waitress of around 50 served me the food and asked about my work. So I answered and went back to my books.

Maybe she liked seeing teenagers doing their work or I reminded her of her grand/daughter, because she came over while I was a tenth way down my rice and asked if I wanted sauce on it. I nodded my head sheepishly. How can anyone reject such great service?

Then she asked if I wanted more tea, and brought more when I went 'seriously?'. I got 4 pots of tea within the next half an hour of my stay. I told her their service was excellent. It is!! Won't most people try to chase me away?? And she was really nice about it, smiling to me and all.

-

$2.35 is all you need to feel the world is a better (friendlier) place.
(how strange sounding this is)

and to all my friends who have helped me the past few months and perhaps the next few to come. I'm extremely thankful.

Extremely grateful.
-

No comments: